- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Knead Dill Bread Recipe
|Skim milk||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Corn oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Active dry yeast||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Lukewarm water||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Whole wheat flour||550 Milliliter (2.5 Cup)|
|Dill weed||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dill seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.42 mg0.14%
Sodium 28.1 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Scald the milk.
3) Add in the oil and honey and stir.
4) Allow the mixture to cool down to lukewarm.
5) In a large sized bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
6) Next, pour the lukewarm milk mixture in it.
7) Follow up by adding a cup i.e. 250 ml of flour, herbs and onion.
8) Using a wooden spoon beat the mixture very well.
9) Add the rest of the flour measuring half a cup or 125 ml, beating the batter after each half cup addition until it ends up in a smooth paste.
10) Sit the bowl in a warm place to raise the dough for around 45 minutes, until it becomes triple in size.
11) Using a wooden spoon, beat the batter again until it becomes compact and smooth.
12) Take an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2-inch (22 X 11 -cm) bread pan and oil it lightly.
13) Place the dough inside it and keep the bread pan in a warm place.
14) Allow the dough to rise for another 10 minutes.
15) Bake the dough for an hour.
16) Bring out the baked bread from the pan and allow it cool on the rack.
17) Next, cut the bread into slices.
18) Serve with beef stew.