- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No-knead Ciabatta Bread - Italian Recipe Video
|Dry yeast||1 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||To Taste|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.72%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 729.7 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shift flour in a large bowl along with dry yeast and water, the yeast has been made by dissolving salt and malt, after adding all the ingredients mix it well.
2. Cover the dough with cling film and let it rise for at least 18 hours at room temperature, which is at no more than 75°F (24°C).
3. After 18 hours the dough should be full of air bubbles and very sticky. Start shaping the ciabatta bread.
4. Sprinkle little water on the worktop and place a sheet of cling film over it and sprinkle some flour, turn the dough onto it. Flour your hands and roll out the dough to form it into a loaf.
5. Take a drip pan, grease with a little oil and sprinkle with cornmeal, place the dough in the drip pan. Flatten it into long shape, sprinkle some more flour then cover with a clean cloth and let it rise for at least 2 hours, this time at 85°F (30°C).
6. After 2 hours bake the ciabatta bread bake in preheated oven at 430°F (220°C) for about 40 minutes.
7. Serve the ciabatta bread along with your tossed salad or hot soup.