- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Flaming Mexican Coffee to Make at Home- Easy and Delicious Recipe Video
|Coffee||6 Tablespoon (Pete's coffee)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ghiradelli premium hot cocoa||6 Tablespoon (Ghirardelli)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Kahlua||1 Ounce (Optional)|
|Packed light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 180.7 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 0.68%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 0.75%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. In a mixing bowl add the heavy whipping bowl along with ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and some of the powdered sugar, using a hand mixer, on high speed whip the cream and gradually add the remaining sugar and whip until you have stiff peaks.
2. Once done cover it with saran wrap and keep it in the refrigerator until needed.
3. In the coffee maker, place the coffee in the filter and add the cinnamon too. Brew the ground coffee by adding enough filtered water to make 4 cups.
4. In the meantime in a medium size saucepan, pour the milk, add brown sugar and cocoa, on medium heat dissolve the sugar and let the chocolate cocoa mix well.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and coffee, stir with a whisk and once done pour it in a coffee mug.
6. Drizzle the whipped cream on top and serve.
Add the Kahlua just before you add the coffee to he milk.