- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Cook Tex Mex Sauce Pasta Recipe
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Canned red kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Wagon wheel pasta/Farfalle||1 Pound|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Ripe avocado||1 , peeled, pitted, and cubed (Optional)|
Calories 769 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg
Sodium 590.4 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.2%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl and mix chopped tomatoes, onion, red kidney beans, oil, and chili powder.
2. Use salt and pepper to season the vegetables. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
3. Remove from refrigerator and keep it at room temperature.
4. Boil water in a large pot and cook the pasta as per directions given on the package. Drain the pasta and put in a serving bowl.
5. Add the cheese in the pasta bowl and toss to mix properly. Keep stirring till cheese slightly melts.
6. Add the marinated vegetable and bean mixture on the top of the pasta.
7. If needed, add the diced avocado and toss to coat the pasta.
8. Serve the pasta hot in a serving platter.