- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Cook Tex Mex Sauce Recipe
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Canned red kidney beans||16 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Wagon wheel pasta/Farfalle||1 Pound|
|Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg
Sodium 415.9 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 19.9%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl and mix chopped tomatoes, onion, red kidney beans, oil, and chili powder.
2. Use salt and pepper to season the vegetables. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
3. Remove from refrigerator and keep it at room temperature.
4. Boil water in a large pot and cook the pasta as per directions given on the package. Drain the pasta and put in a serving bowl.
5. Add the cheese in the pasta bowl and toss to mix properly. Keep stirring till cheese slightly melts.
6. Add the marinated vegetable and bean mixture on the top of the pasta.
7. If needed, add the diced avocado and toss to coat the pasta.
8. Serve the pasta hot in a serving platter.