- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Cook Spinach Sauce Recipe
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, drained (1 Package)|
|Chopped basil/2 teaspoons dried basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||2 , diced|
|Yellow squash||1 , diced|
|Sweet red pepper/Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2406 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.4%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.4 mg
Sodium 1135.7 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.6%
Dietary Fiber 42.8 g171%
Sugars 50.7 g
Protein 101 g201.2%
Vitamin A 775.2% Vitamin C 413.3%
Calcium 81.4% Iron 45.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow package directions to cook pasta.
2) Drain well and keep warm in a serving bowl.
3) In a food processor, process spinach and basil and then chop finely using a sharp knife or by hand.
4) Transfer this to a bowl and marinate well with fresh vegetables, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
5) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6) After the marinating period, allow the mixture to come to room temperature after taking it off from refrigerator.
7) Mix cheese with drained pasta and spoon over sauce, tossing pasta to coat well with the sauce.
8) Serve immediately.