- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
'No-chicken' Fried Tofu Recipe Video
|Firm tofu||1 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Tamari sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 210.6 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the tofu into 4-5 slices and place them on a smooth kitchen towel, cover it with another similar smooth towel and place a heavy weight on top to drain out water.
2. Cut the tofu slices into cubes using a knife or cut into shapes using a cookie cutter.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and braise the tofu until golden in color from all side; it takes about 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and mix well.
5. Drizzle tamari sauce and mix again.
6. Serve No-chicken Chicken-fried tofu like chicken nuggets or with rice and vegetables.