- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No-Bake Strawberry Pie Recipe Video
|Ginger snaps||8 Ounce|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted (1/2 a stick)|
|Strawberries||2 Pound, hulled, quartered|
|Corn starch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2992 Calories from Fat 785
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.3%
Saturated Fat 38.4 g192%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 806.5 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 543 g180.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.9%
Sugars 318.5 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 32.2% Vitamin C 889.1%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the crust first, in a food processor, add all the ginger snaps. Crush them into fine crumbs.
2. With the motor running, pour in the melted butter through the food chute.
3. Turn the crumb mixture out into a 9-inch pie plate. Cover the bottom, then spread the crumbs around (use the bottom of a rounded measuring cup), press the crumbs up the sides of the plate and pack them firmly.
4. Place the pie plate in the refrigerator to let it set up while you make the pie filling.
5. Place half the hulled and quartered strawberries in a food processor. Whirl them until are nice and juicy and crushed but bot pureed.
6. Empty the strawberries into a saucepan and add the sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir to blend well. Bring to a boil, then cook on a low heat, stirring, until the sauce becomes nice and glossy.
7. Scatter 1/2 the remaining strawberries on top of the pie crust. Spoon the sauce on top and spread around. Scatter remaining strawberries on top.
8. Place the pie in the refrigerator and chill for few hours until it sets.
9. Cut into slices and serve topped with whipped cream or ice-cream if you like.