- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Bake Homemade Energy Bars Recipe Video
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or walnuts, almonds, pecans, macadamia, hazelnuts, coconut)|
|Flax seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pumpkin seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (unflower, chia, psyllium)|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked|
|Prunes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked|
|Blueberry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (coconut nectar)|
|Cacao butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (coconut oil)|
|Raw honey||2 Tablespoon (coconut nectar)|
|Cacao powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (mix with carob flour)|
|Mesquite flour||1 Tablespoon (lucuma powder)|
|Pure vanilla||1 Dash|
|Salt||1 Pinch (crystal salt preferred)|
Calories 662 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.9%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g108.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 118.1 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.6%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, grind the nuts and seeds until fine, then pour them into a bowl.
2. Grind the dried fruit next, and stir by hand into the nuts and seeds until it makes a soft dough.
3. Divide into 8 sections. Cut wax/parchment paper into 4-inch x 8-inch rectangles and place one scoop of batter onto each paper, shaping into a bar with a knife.
4. Freeze for at least 10 minutes. Eat immediately, or cover with chocolate sauce and freeze again.
5. To make the chocolate sauce, melt those ingredients in a double boiler. Stir or blend until creamy. Pour over chilled energy bars.
6. Serve immediately