- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Bake Flourless German Chocolate Cake Recipe Video
|Brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked and sprouted|
|Regular salt||3 Dash (1 dash for the cake 1 dash for the filling and remaining for the frosting)|
|Dates||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), soaked (1 cup for the cake and remaining for the firosting)|
|Cacao powder||6 Tablespoon (1 tbsp. for the frosting and remaining for the cake)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon (1 tsp. for the cake 1 tsp. for the filling and remaining for the frosting)|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the filling)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For the filling)|
|Unsweetened shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the frosting)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (For the frosting)|
Calories 1076 Calories from Fat 600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.1%
Saturated Fat 32.7 g163.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.4 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 26.3 g105.3%
Sugars 83.1 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 44.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the filling – grind the walnuts in a food processor.
2. Stir in the honey, vanilla, salt and coconut by hand. Fold onto each layer.
3. For the frosting – cream together the soaked dates, olive oil, cacao powder, salt and vanilla in a blender. Put on top of cake.
4. In a food processing jar grind together the Brazil nuts and salt for 30 seconds.
5. Add in soaked dates, cacao powder, coconut milk and vanilla, process until everything is integrated.
6. Make 3 cakes, refrigerate for 10 minutes.
7. In a plate take cake, spread a layer of filling and top it with frosting layer. Chill for another 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
8. Serve German Chocolate Cake for dessert.