- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
No Bake Chocolate Fekkas Recipe Video
|Graham crackers||10 Ounce, powdered|
|Dried fruit/Candied fruits||8 Ounce (mango, cranberries, blueberries)|
|Walnuts/Roasted peanuts/ almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Dulce de leche||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dark chocolate/Any chocolate||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 343.8 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 52.6 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, put the powdered crackers. Add chopped walnuts and dried fruits and mix well till well combined.
3. Put the dulce de leche and using clean hands mix them well to get a doughy mixture which can be shaped.
4. On a parchment lined baking tray put 1/3 rd portion of the mixture and shape it like large bar. Repeat this with the remaining mixture to get around 3 or 4 bars are desired.
5. Place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden or in the fridge for 4 hours.
6. Remove from freezer and place it on a cooling rack on a foil (to avoid spilling of chocolate on the work surface).
7. Using a brush or spoon, spread the melted chocolate generously all over the bars to cover 3 sides.
8. Place them back in the freezer or fridge for the chocolate t harden.
9. Remove from freezer, turn the bars and cover the bottom side also with chocolate. Place it back in the freezer for the chocolate to harden.
10. Remove from freezer and slice them diagonally.
11. In a serving plate, arrange the fekkas and serve with milk, tea or any other refreshing drink of choice.
If dulce de leche is not available, then pressure cook sweetened condensed milk in a pressure cooker for 2 hours.