- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Ajwain seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.13 mg
Sodium 39.4 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, sift together the flour by adding salt and spices.
2) Add the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and thoroughly combine into the flour mixture.
3) Gradually add water in little quantity to blend into the flour and prepare the dough.
4) Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes to make it soft and smooth.
5) Cover the dough and place aside for 15 minutes.
6) Divide the dough in 2-3 round balls.
7) Take each ball to roll on a floured surface to a medium thickness.
8) With a sharp knife, make diagonal cuts in opposite directions leaving 1-2 inch space between each cut.
9) Separate the diamond shaped dough sheets and place aside.
10) Meanwhile, in a deep skillet add sufficient oil for deep frying.
11) Place over high heat and heat up the oil to piping hot.
12) Add few numbers of diamond shaped dough sheets in the hot oil.
13) Reduce the heat to medium and fry these dough sheets until golden brown on both sides.
14) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
15) Allow the nimki to cool at room temperature.
16) Store in an airthight container for later use.
17) Serve the nimki with hot beverages like tea or coffee.
Image Credit: quickneasyrecipe.blogspot.com