- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nikujaga Recipe Video
|Sliced beef||6 Medium, slices|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Carrot||1 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Snap peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Konnyaku||500 Gram (Optional)|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|For the broth|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Mirin wine||To Taste|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 730 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.2 mg9.7%
Sodium 2402.7 mg100.1%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 16 g63.8%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 129% Vitamin C 196.7%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take 2 cups of water and mix in the dashi granules well. Then add in about 2 tablespoons of sugar. Also add soy sauce, mirin and sake. Mix well.
2. Take a pan and heat oil in it, add the onions and saute for 15 minutes. Once the onions are slightly browned add the beef and the konnyaku and saute nicely.
3. Then add the broth (only half of it) and when it starts to boil add the vegetables and then the rest of the broth. Bring it to a simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes till the potatoes are cooked.
4. When the potatoes are done, turn off the heat and add in the snap peas and close the lid and let it steam for 2 more minutes before you serve it.
5. Serve the nikujaga with some warm rice in a bowl.