- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nigiri Zushi (Hand Formed Sushi) Recipe Video
|Sushi rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedA mix of water and vinegar to wet your hands, to avoid sticking of the dish to your hands
1. Cook sushi rice and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, mix water and rice vinegar, just to wet your hand while rolling sushi, and to avoid rice from sticking.
3. Clump rice from bowl just enough to fit your palm, and roll to give it a shape.
4. Now, place it between the finger tip and palm on one hand. Using two fingers of other hand squeeze as shown in the video. Do it firmly but gently
5. Pork your finger and give it a dome shape at the bottom.
6. Top it with tuna slice, and serve sushi with miso soup.