- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nigerian Akara Recipe Video
|Black eyed peas||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or African beans)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Green chili||2 , finely chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or one bouillon cube)|
|Red pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 357.1 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the peas or beans for at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. Rub between your hands and remove the skin. Rinse and to remove until the peas become white.
3. In food processor add the beans and half cup of water. Blend until smooth. Batter should not be watery.
4. Transfer it to a bowl and add onion, green chili, salt/one bouillon cube, and red pepper. Mix well.
5. In a pan, heat oil until very hot and using a deep spoon form balls of the mixture and fry on medium heat until brown on each side, turning frequently. Place on paper towel to drain
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce or any hot sauce and enjoy!