- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Potatoes with Lemon Butter Recipe
|New potatoes||3 Pound|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 498.9 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 2 g3%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 0.58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Scrub the potatoes.
2) Pare a strip of skin, about 1/2 inch wide, around center of each potato.
3) In a medium saucepan; add boiling water to measure 2 inches and 1/2 teaspoon salt and place the potatoes.
4) Bring to boiling; cover the pan and boil gently for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
5) Drain the potatoes well.
6) Return to heat several minutes, until liquid is dry out.
7) In a small saucepan, melt the butter or margarine.
8) Stir in lemon juice, chives, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
9) Pour over potatoes, turning to coat well.
10) In a serving dish, transfer the potatoes, garnish with chopped mint and parsley,serve hot.