- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New York Strip Steaks Recipe Video
|New york strip steak||4 Medium (about 1 inch thick)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Steak rub seasoning||2 Tablespoon (Harvest Eating)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.9 mg
Sodium 1893.7 mg78.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.17%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 45 g90.4%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow steaks to warm up to near room temperature.
2) Preheat the grill.
4) Place the steaks on a baking tray and drizzle the steaks on each side with olive oil until nicely coated.
5) Liberally season the steak on each side with the steak rub seasoning. (if you don’t have a seasoning like this, use salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne powder, onion powder).
6) Press the seasoning into the steaks with the tines of a fork.
7) Grill the steaks on a grill or cast iron grill top or pan until medium rare (135°F), flipping only once. The seasonings should form a nice crust on each side.
8) Plate up the steaks on a bed of homemade steak sauce, top with sweet potato pommes frites and serve immediately.