- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New York Strip Steak with Balsamic Glaze Recipe Video
|New york strip steak||1 Pound|
|Sea salt||3 Teaspoon (To taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||3 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted red peppers||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White asparagus||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Artichoke hearts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1197 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 203.4 mg
Sodium 7970.5 mg332.1%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.2%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 104 g207.7%
Vitamin A 136.7% Vitamin C 151.8%
Calcium 40.2% Iron 79.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a heavy bottomed skillet.
2. Add olive oil and place your butchered New York strip steak in the pan and sear it well on both sides, about 4 minutes to each side.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Remove the steak on to a plate and deglaze the skillet with balsamic vinegar.
5. Add dried rosemary and a little bit of olive oil to it and let the glaze assume a syrupy consistency.
6. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the glaze for garnishing later on.
7. Add the roasted bell pepper and asparagus in the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
8. Next goes in the artichoke hearts.
9. Stir everything well for a couple of minutes before adding the brown rice.
10. Mix everything in and plate it on a bed of mixed greens.
11. Place the steaks on top of the rice and vegetable mixture and drizzle with the reserved balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.