- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Potato Salad with Herbs Recipe
|New potatoes||12 Large, scrubbed|
|Mint sprig/Savory sprig||2|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon (Preferably A Hot Homemade Mustard)|
|White wine vinegar/Tarragon||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste (Lots)|
|Chopped herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2805 Calories from Fat 1992
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 225 g346.7%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.3%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6848.7 mg285.4%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.7%
Dietary Fiber 27.4 g109.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 202.3%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Scrub the potatoes, add to boiling salted water and cook along with a savory or mint sprig till potatoes turn tender.
2. Meanwhile, take a round, large mixing bowl and beat mustard and vinegar well. Whole whisking, add olive oil and then a little corn oil. Continue to blend till the ingredients mix well and dressing becomes thick. Season with salt and pepper. With a scissors, snip the herbs directly into dressing and blend thoroughly.
3. Drain cooked potatoes, using a lid cover and with a paring knife, immediately peel the potatoes. Place back in the cooking pot, cover and allow to keep hot. Dice or slice potatoes into ½ inch thick.
4. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, toss hot potatoes with dressing gently so that the flavors are well absorbed
5. Using a plastic wrap cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for numerous hours or overnight.
6. Take out, toss mildly, add pepper and salt to taste and serve.