- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Orleans Rice Fritters Recipe
|Active dry yeast/1/2 compressed yeast cake||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), very soft|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1730 Calories from Fat 542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.8%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 670.6 mg
Sodium 1186 mg49.4%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g83%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.4%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 44 g88.4%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 84.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, sprinkle or crumble the yeast in warm ( for dry yeast) or lukewarm (for compressed yeast) water .
2) Allow to stand for a few minutes, then stir, until dissolved.
3) Mash the rice, cool to lukewarm, then stir into the yeast mixture and mix well.
4) Cover, keep aside and allow to rise overnight.
5) Then beat in the eggs, flour, sugar, salt, and nutmeg, until smooth.
6) Allow to stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
7) In a frying pan, drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into deep hot fat and fry for about 3 minutes, until golden-brown.
8) Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar or sugar mixed with ground cinnamon and serve the New Orleans Rice Fritters, immediately on individual serving plates .