- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Orleans Pralines Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Pecan pieces||1 Pound, coarsely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8249 Calories from Fat 4315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 507 g779.3%
Saturated Fat 141.1 g705.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 570.7 mg
Sodium 246 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 969 g323%
Dietary Fiber 43.5 g174.2%
Sugars 911.4 g
Protein 48 g96.2%
Vitamin A 131.9% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 92.7% Iron 84.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) On two large baking sheets, spreads wax paper.
2) In a saucepan, heat butter, cream, sugar and brown sugar over high flame.
3) Let the mixture come to a boil before adding in the pecan pieces, Let the mixture come to boil once more before removing from the flame.
4) Drop about a soup-spoonful of the praline mixture onto the wax paper to make 1 1/2-inch circles.
5) Work quickly befor the praline become hard.
6) Leave the baking sheets to harden at room temperature for about 6 hours.
7) The New Orleans Pralines can be stored for upto 2 weeks in air-tight containers.
8) Serve as a snack.
9) If desired, serve as a garnish for ice creams and sorbets.