- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Orleans Catfish Bake Recipe
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.9 mg
Sodium 230 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 26 g53%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish before cutting.
3. Cut the fillet into 6 equal portions.
4. In a bowl, mix rice, onion, and curry powder.
5. In a 10x14 inch well-greased baking dish, keep the fish.
6. Season fish with salt and pepper.
7. Cover the fish with rice mixture.
8. Top it with lemon slices and dot of butter.
9. Cover the dish and place in the oven.
10. Bake for 25-35 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
11. During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove the cover to brown the fish.
12. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.