- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Mexican Refried Beans Recipe
|Bacon||3 (Thick Cut, Homestyle)|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm) (Or 1 Medium)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Pinto beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (With Liquid)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Grated monterey jack cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated monterey cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1680 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.7 mg
Sodium 1119.2 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 237 g79%
Dietary Fiber 57.4 g229.5%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 103 g206.2%
Vitamin A 29.4% Vitamin C 69%
Calcium 114.1% Iron 108.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cube bacon into 1/2-inch squares.
2) Chop scallions to measure 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons.
3) Line serving plates with paper towels.
4) In large heavy skillet cook bacon over medium heat stirring for 5 minutes. Shift bacon to plate.
5) To the skillet, mix 1/4 cup scallions and garlic and saute over medium heat until till golden.
6) Mix beans and liquid and stir. With potato masher or back of spoon mash beans till liquid is absorbed. 7) Stir in bacon, salt and pepper.
8) Put beans to medium-size serving bowl and sprinkle grated cheese and remaining scallions on top.