- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Jersey Doughnuts Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Sifted flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3967 Calories from Fat 1034
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.1%
Saturated Fat 68.6 g342.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 687.5 mg
Sodium 4921 mg205%
Total Carbohydrates 650 g216.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.3%
Sugars 217.1 g
Protein 80 g159.2%
Vitamin A 70.8% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 118.6% Iron 164.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs and lemon rind to it and beat until light and fluffy.
3. In a bowl sieve baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
4. Alternately add dry mixture and milk to creamed mixture.
5. Combine well.
6. Lightly flour a board and roll out the dough in it. Cut with doughnut cutter.
7. Heat fat (365°) and fry for 3 minutes.
8. Drain on paper towel.
9. Serve hot.