- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New England Fish Chowder Recipe
|Diced salt pork||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Haddock fillets/Cod / ocean perch||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4623 Calories from Fat 3612
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 403 g619.5%
Saturated Fat 187.5 g937.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 986.4 mg
Sodium 5324.2 mg221.8%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55.1%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 99 g198.2%
Vitamin A 127.3% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 56.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet placed over low heat, sauté the salt pork till it has browned nicely.
2) Add the onions and gently sauté.
3) Next add in the potatoes and hot water and cook for some minutes till the potatoes are partly done.
4) Add the fish fillets and cook till they are easily flaked when a fork is used.
5) Add salt and pepper and season to taste.
6) Add the cream and allow it to thoroughly heat.
7) Put the chowder in bowls and serve hot after topping each serving with a liberal pat of butter.