- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New Dill Slices Recipe
|Pickling cucumbers/2 medium regular cucumbers||6 Medium|
|Salt||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon+ 1 Teaspoon)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dill seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7773.5 mg323.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 46.2%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) For the pickled cucumbers, trim the ends off and cut into 1/8-inch slices.
2) If using fresh cucumbers, first peel and then cut into 1/8 inch slices.
3) In a bowl, mix 1tablespoon of salt and cucumber and let it soak for 1 hour.
4) Rinse and drain 3 times with cold water.
5) In a saucepan add cider vinegar, dill seed, bay leaf, garlic, remaining salt and 1 cup of water.
6) Bring to a quick boil.
7) Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat let it cool.
8) Squeeze the cucumber.
9) In a small bowl, place the cucumbers, add fresh dill sprigs and the cooled brine.
10) Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour