- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Never Fail Spice Cake Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), finely diced|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Ice cream||1 Pint (As Required)|
|Salad oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5369 Calories from Fat 2770
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 316 g485.6%
Saturated Fat 60.2 g301.1%
Trans Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 688.9 mg
Sodium 5825.7 mg242.7%
Total Carbohydrates 576 g192.1%
Dietary Fiber 37.5 g150.2%
Sugars 285.4 g
Protein 86 g172%
Vitamin A 68.7% Vitamin C 120.5%
Calcium 201.3% Iron 123.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together as per the listed order, excluding the ice cream.
3) Beat the mixture until smooth and nicely blended.
4) In a greased 9x13-inch pan, lined with a waxed paper on the bottom, pour and evenly spread the batter.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
6) Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack and peel off the paper.
7) Slice and serve cold or warm on a serving platter with the ice cream.