- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Never Fail Pie Crust Recipe
|Unbleached flour||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs), sifted (Ceresota/Hecker'S)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5392 Calories from Fat 3262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 369 g568.1%
Saturated Fat 92.1 g460.3%
Trans Fat 47.2 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 5909.9 mg246.2%
Total Carbohydrates 453 g151.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 66 g131.1%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.1% Iron 154.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a large bowl, using a sieve, sift together flour, salt and sugar.
2. Cut the shortening.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, put together egg, vinegar and water; beat until well combined.
4. Add the shortening to the flour and sprinkle egg mixture; using a spoon mix well.
5. Using hands, gather dough to form a ball.
6. Wrap the dough un wax paper and refrigerate for about 2 hours before using.
7. Use Never Fail Pie Crust for making all types of pies.