- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nesselrode Pie Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Mixed candied fruit||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed macaroons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy flavoring||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg
Sodium 279.7 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.5% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl dissolve gelatine with 1/4 cup milk.
2. Add remaining milk to the top of double boiler.
3. Take a bowl and beat egg yolks to it. And blend it with milk by adding little at a time. Add it to the double boiler along with gelatine mixture.
4. Cook the mixture over hot water until it starts coating a silver spoon.
5. Fold in candied fruit, almonds, macaroons, salt and flavorings.
6. Cool this mixture until it thickens but dont allow it to set.
7. Take a bowl beat egg whites in it until the mixture turns thick. Gently fold in sugar mixture and beat them together until it turns thick.
8. Gradually fold in gelatine mixture.
9. Pour this mixture into pie shell and chill it until firm.
10. Serve chilled.