- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nesselrode Cream Mold Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dessert sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Bottled Nesselrode)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||2 Tablespoon (Green Colored)|
|Chopped red maraschino cherries||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2436 Calories from Fat 1075
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.7%
Saturated Fat 67.8 g339.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1217.6 mg
Sodium 1746.5 mg72.8%
Total Carbohydrates 275 g91.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 242.5 g
Protein 67 g133.6%
Vitamin A 97.5% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 69.6% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook slowly, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes, or till gelatin dissolves and mixture coats a metal spoon; strain into a medium-size bowl. Chill, stirring often, 30 minutes, or until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in a large bowl; beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue forms soft peaks. Beat 1/2 cup of the cream until stiff in a small bowl. (Remaining cream is for topping in Step 7.)
4. Place bowl of meringue in a deep pan partly filled with ice and water to speed setting. Fold in thickened gelatin mixture, then the whipped cream, Nesselrode sauce, cherries and vanilla.
5. Continue folding, keeping bowl over ice, until no streaks of white remain and mixture mounds on a spoon. Spoon into an 8-cup mold. Chill several hours, or until firm. (Overnight is best.)
6. When ready to serve, run a sharp-tip, thin-blade knife around top of mold, then dip mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water. Cover mold with a serving plate; turn upside down; carefully liftoff mold.
7. Beat remaining 1/2 cup cream until stiff in a small bowl; spoon in puffs on top. Or spoon cream into a pastry bag, and, using a fancy tip, press out a bow shape.