- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Neapolitan Dinner Recipe
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 , chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green pepper/Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Italian sausage/Salami||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Cooked elbow macaroni||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.2 mg
Sodium 493.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 20 g39.1%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and pick lentils thoroughly.
2) Soak in cold water overnight.
3) Preheat oven to 350° F.
4) Take a skillet and fry onion, bacon and garlic in it until soft.
5) Add drained lentils, 2 1/2 cups of lentil water, celery, green pepper, salt, pepper and sausage.
6) Cover and cook over moderate heat for about 15 minutes or until beans become tender.
7) Combine with tomato sauce and macaroni.
8) Take a 3 quart casserole and turn mixture into it.
9) Sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
10) Serve Neapolitan Dinner hot.