- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nell's Irish Boiled Cake Recipe
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 112.4 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a pan, combine the sugar, margarine, fruits and water.
3) Boil for 20 minutes. Cool well.
4) To this, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
5) Pour the batter into a loaf pan.
6) Bake for 45 minutes at 350Â°F.
7) Then, lower the heat to 325Â°F and bake for 15 minutes or until done.
8) Slice and serve as required.