- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nell Palmer's Pecan Pie Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Pound, melted|
|Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbaked 8 inch pie shell||1|
Calories 993 Calories from Fat 634
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.8%
Saturated Fat 34.5 g172.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.7 mg
Sodium 262.7 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 40.5 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Roll our and line pie tin with pastry.
3. Preheat the oven to 300°F before baking
4. In a mixing bowl combine the eggs and sugar.
5. Beat until thick and pale.
6. Stir in the melted butter and the syrup.
7. Pour into the pie crust
8. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the custard sets.
9. Remove pie from the oven and scatter the pecans over the custard.
10. Return the pie to oven and increase the oven temperature to 350° F
11. Bake the pie for another 10 to 15 minutes until the pecan are nicely toasted and golden.
12. Remove from the oven and allow pie to cool completely before placing in the refrigerator.
13. Slice into equal size wedges and serve cold.
14. You can accompany the pie with a bowl of whipped cream passed at the table.