- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Negitoro Maki Recipe Video
|Rice||380 Gram (Washed, rinsed and soaked for 30 minutes)|
|Tuna||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced (Left over cooked tuna can be used)|
|Green onions||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Sushi rice seasoning||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 2210 Calories from Fat 453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.3%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 380 mg
Sodium 1539.8 mg64.2%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g56.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 247 g494.9%
Vitamin A 444.4% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 65.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pot and add both rice and water. Cover and bring it to a boil, and once it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Take it off the heat and let it sit for another 10-15 minutes.
2. Scrape the meat from all the tissue of the tuna with a spoon and so we have minced tuna. Combine the tuna with the green onions and chop it with a knife further. When you achieve the consistency that you require put it in a bowl and set it aside in the refrigerator.
3. Transfer the cooked warm rice in a bowl and add 3 -4 tablespoons of sushi rice seasoning and cool the rice till it reaches body temperature.
4. To assemble lay a sheet of nori with the shiny side down on a bamboo rolling mat and put down on it about a handful of rice and lay it out evenly over most of the sheet leaving the edge on the top open for when we roll it up.
5. Put the filling the middle of the rice distributed nice and evenly.
6. To roll use the rolling mat as a guide to gently press the roll as you roll up. Close and seal the edge of the nori sheet using some water. Cut the sushi rolls into 2-inch pieces with a knife that is moistened so that it does not stick to the rice.
7. Serve the negitoro on top of a bowl of rice and enjoy it with some soy sauce and furikake.
Always moisten your hands and work gently when assembling the rice so that you do not crush or get the rice sticking to your hands.