- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nectarine Cup Custards Recipe
|Very thinly sliced pared nectarines||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Pared)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs), scalded|
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.8 mg29.3%
Sodium 90.5 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Place a roasting pan filled with 2 inches of water, in the oven while heating.
3. Lightly grease 8 custard or soufflé cups of 6-ounce each.
4. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a wire whisk until blended.
5. Stir in the sugar, salt and vanilla and whisk lightly until well blended into eggs.
6. Gradually pour in scalded milk, whisking lightly to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
7. Arrange the nectarine slices in the custard cups.
8. Strain custard over nectarines in cups.
9. Place cups in water bath in preheated oven.
10. Bake custards for about 50 to 60 minutes until centers are set but still soft. Check by lightly shaking a cup, the custard will wobble without liquid oozing out from the sides.
11. Remove cups from oven and water bath at once and allow to cool slightly.
12. Serve custards in the cups, warm or chilled topped with hard sauce or whipped cream if you like.