- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nectarine Amaretto Cake Recipe
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce (375 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Semolina||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||1 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Nectarines||2 , halved and stoned|
|Apricot glaze||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Water||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
|Amaretto||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg
Sodium 111.7 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 146.5 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 25.6%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Fold in the semolina, almonds and flour until smooth.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until fairly stiff. Use a metal spoon to stir a generous spoonful of the whites into the semolina mixture, then fold in the remaining egg whites. Spoon the mixture into the cake tin.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the centre of the cake springs back when pressed lightly. Remove from the oven and loosen around the edge with a palette knife. Prick the top with a skewer. Leave to cool in the tin.
5. To make the syrup, heat the sugar and water in a small pan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Boil without stirring for 2 minutes. Add the Amaretto liqueur and drizzle over the cake in the tin.
6. Remove the cake from the tin and transfer to a serving plate. Decorate with sliced nectarines. Brush with warm apricot glaze.