- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Neapolitan Charlotte Russe Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||4 Cup (64 tbs), whipped|
|Chocolate syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ladyfingers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.6 mg
Sodium 77.1 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 35.1 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take 1/2 cup water and dissolve gelatin in it.
2) Combine together sugar, milk and eggs. Mix well.
3) Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to turn thick, stirring constantly.
4) Add gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved.
5) Cool until partially set.
6) Fold in whipped cream.
7) Divide the mixture into 3 parts and set 1 part aside.
8) Add chocolate syrup to the second part. Add food coloring and cherries to the third part.
9) Line the mold with ladyfingers and pour each part separately into the mold, forming 3 layers.
10) Refrigerate until set.
11) Serve Neapolitan Charlotte Russe with whipped cream, if desired.