- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Neapolitan Casserole Recipe
|Sweet italian sausages||1 1⁄4 Pound (6 Sausages)|
|Elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Chuck||1 Pound, ground|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Canned tomato sauce with onion||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Muenster cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 750 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.3%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 114.6 mg38.2%
Sodium 2864.3 mg119.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 44 g87.6%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 36.1% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In hot oil in electric skillet, set at 275 F, brown the sweet sausage well on all sides.
2. Saute, adding macaroni and ground chuck stirring, 5 minutes until beef loses its pink color.
3. Stir in tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasonings and the water.
4. Bring to boiling, stirring reducing heat and simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
5. Arrange cheese slices over top heat just until cheese melts slightly and serve.