- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nasi Goreng Recipe
|Lean beef||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Bread crumbs/Cereal crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned crabmeat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shelled deveined shrimps||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1267 Calories from Fat 647
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.3%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 543.4 mg
Sodium 2264.8 mg94.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 74 g147%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 60.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix together the breadcrumbs, meat, salt, pepper and 1.4 cup of onion, Bind with a beaten egg and shape into small balls, roughly the size of a walnut. Place in a cold place for about 40 minutes.
3) In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the remaining onion and the celery. Place in a large casserole.
4) Heat some more oil the same skillet the sauté the crabmeat and shrimp for about 2 to 3 minutes. Place these in the casserole as well.
5) Brown the cooled meat balls and add together with all the other preparations in the casserole.
6) In the skillet, put the chicken broth, rice, curry powder and any oil left behind. Bring mixture to the boiling point and pour all over the preparations in the casserole. Stir properly to mix and cover.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
8) Serve hot.