- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nasi Goreng Recipe
|Onions||8 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced cooked pork/Diced cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Chili powder||1 Pinch|
|Worcestershire sauce/Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mixed cooked vegetables||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , quartered|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 245 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Melt half of the butter and fry onions until tender.
2) Stir in ham, curry powder, Worcestershire or soya sauce, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, Tabasco sauce and salt and cook gently, stirring occasionally.
3) Mix the remaining butter, vegetables, and rice and cook until everything mixes well.
4) Arrange in a serving dish and decorate with tomato
wedges around the edge.
5) You can go further creative and decorate strips of pancake across
the top in a criss-cross fashion.