- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Narkel Naru Recipe
|Shredded coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely shredded|
|Jaggery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 47.6 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 47.1 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, add coconut and jiggery.
2) Place over medium heat and cook by continuous stirring for 10 minutes or until the mixture turns sticky.
3) Remove from heat and sprinkle the cardamom powder.
4) Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
5) Shape up 1-2 inches balls from the warm mixture.
6) Place them separated on a plate.
7) Cover with a clean cloth and allow to cool down completely. The balls will get firm, at room temperature.
8) Store in an airtight container.
9) Serve as a light snack with any salty snacking item.
Image Credit: senskitchen.com