- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Puff pastry||1 Pound (Home Made Or Store Bought)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 507 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 94 mg
Sodium 159.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.9%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.8% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make two halves of puff pastry.
2) Roll each pastry half into 15x16inch rectangle.
3) Take the baking sheet and sprinkle with little water.
4) Keep the pastry into the baking sheets and make small holes into the pastry.
5) Freeze the pastry for 10 minutes and then bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
6) Remove the pastry from the baking sheets and trim the sides of the pastry.
7) Split each and every layer in half horizontally. Keep aside the prettiest bottom layer.
8) Put one pastry strip on the serving platter and pour 1/3 of Napoleon cream.
9) For making the Napoleon cream, take sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan and blend them well.
10) Add milk and cook on low heat.
11) Take egg yolks and beat them well.
12) Add 1/4 of hot mixture into the yolks. Now add to the remaining hot mixture.
13) Cook on low heat.
14) Remove from heat and then add vanilla.
15) Cover the filling and keep in the freezer to make chill.
16) Add whipped cream into the chilled filling.
17) After making the napoleon cream, repeat the same thing making double layer.
18) Now place the reserved bottom layer.
19) Mix vanilla, sugar and hot water to make a smooth glaze.
20) Apply this glaze over the top of the pastry.
21) Mix the shortening and chocolate in top of the double boiler. Boil the water and reduce the heat.
22) Take a decorating bag with metal tip and fill it with chocolate-shortening mixture.
23) Pipe five strips of chocolate over the top of the glaze.
24) Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
25) Before serving, cut the pastry into 1/2-inch crosswise slices.
26) Serve Napoleons as a dessert or along with coffee as a tea time snack.