- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nankhatai or Nan Khatai - Indian Cookie Recipe Video
|Wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chickpea flour||1 Tablespoon (Gram flour)|
|Ground almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch, freshly ground|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Softened unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm milk||2 Tablespoon (Use as required to knead the dough)|
|For the garnish|
|Slivered almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Slivered pistachios||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.37 mg
Sodium 52.5 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Cooking baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, add the wheat flour, plain flour, semolina, gram flour, ground almond (with the skin), baking powder, freshly ground cardamom and nutmeg powder. Add sugar as well and combine all the ingredients well.
3. Add softened unsalted butter at room temperature and mix to combine with the other dry ingredients.
4. Gradually add warm milk a little at a time (1 tablespoon at a time) to knead the mixture to a soft ball of dough.
5. Once kneaded, take small portions of the dough and roll into small balls and line into a cookie baking tray.
6. Place a slivered almond and pistachio on top of each of the lined balls.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes at 350 F. When the bottom of the nankhatais are browned, flip them and continue to bake.
8. After 8 minutes, bring down the temperature and bake again for about 10 to 15 minutes at 200 F.
9. Serve the nankhatai as a snack at tea time.