- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nana's Flour Tortilla Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), warm|
Calories 592 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg
Sodium 926.5 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 20.3% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients first.
2. Cut the lard into small chunks and add to the dry ingredients.
3. Add warm water and mix using hands; knead until the mixture turns into smooth dough.
4. Wrap the dough in butter paper or towel and let it sit for 10 minutes before rolling.
5. Pinch the dough for small portions and roll them with hands to form smooth balls.
6. On a clean surface, roll the balls into circles.
7. On a heated pan, place the rolled tortillas one at a time and let it bubble.
8. Use a pair of tongs to flip it over and let it cook for 7-8 seconds only.
9. Place your favorite filling in hot tortillas, wrap and enjoy.