- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nanaimo Bars Recipe Video
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|Cocoa powder||25 Gram|
|Butter||110 Gram, softened|
|Sponge fingers||140 Gram, crushed|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|For custard mixture|
|Custard powder||20 Gram|
|Double cream||50 Milliliter|
|Icing sugar||250 Gram|
|For chocolate coating|
|Chocolate bar||150 Gram, broken|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 36 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking pan with foil and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, add in the butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Place over the stove and melt while stirring continuously.
3. Take off the saucepan from the heat and add in the eggs and stir.
4. In a large bowl, pour in the mixture and add in the almonds, coconut and sponge fingers. Stir well all the ingredients.
5. Place the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, add in the custard, double cream and butter. Whisk well all the ingredients.
7. Stir in the icing sugar and mix thoroughly.
8. Scrape out the custard mixture over the chocolate and spread evenly.
9. Place in the refrigerator and let it set for 20 minutes.
10. In a bowl, add in the butter and chocolate bars. Melt in microwave for 2 minutes.
11. Pour the chocolate over the custard mixture and spread evenly.
12. Place in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
13. Slice the bars and serve.