- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Laotian Nam Khao Recipe Video
|Chilies||4 , chopped|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Jasmine rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1 Dash|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), finely chopped|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 2641 Calories from Fat 2129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 241 g370.2%
Saturated Fat 32.9 g164.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.4 mg85.1%
Sodium 362.2 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 59 g118.1%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 96.4%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, take gallon galls, chillies, lemon grass, shallots, garlic and some oil. Blend to make a paste.
2. In a bowl, take cooked jasmine rice, add the blended paste.
3. Add a dash of fish sauce and break an egg into the bowl. This will hold it together. Mix it well and keep it aside to set.
4. In another bowl, take pork, add finely chopped garlic.
5. Add half a cup of cooked rice. Season with salt. Mix well.
6. Make 16 equal-sized balls.
7. In a steamer, cook the meatballs for 10 minutes until it is just cooked. Do not overcook as it will make the salad dry.
8. Form the jasmine rice into patties after dipping hand in some water.
9. In a skillet, heat oil and fry the rice patties, till it is golden brown.
10. In a large mixing bowl, start by breaking meatballs.
11. Add green onions, ginger, diced shallots, cilantro, lime juice and fish sauce.
12. Break crispy rice patties and garnish with peanuts.
13. Serve garnished with lemon wedges, lettuce and red chilli.