- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Naga's Crab Cakes Recipe
|Pink grapefruit/Ruby grapefruit||2 Pound|
|Shelled cooked crab||3⁄4 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, diced 1/4 inch|
|Diced celery||1 Tablespoon (1/4 Inch)|
|Diced red onion||1 Tablespoon (1/4 Inch)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Panko/Dried bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), dried (Japanese-Style Coarse Bread Crumbs)|
|Pink grapefruit sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2077 Calories from Fat 1231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g213.5%
Saturated Fat 60 g300%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 476.5 mg
Sodium 578.5 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.9%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 80 g159.2%
Vitamin A 230.8% Vitamin C 771.1%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 34.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sort through crab and discard any bits of shell.
3. In another bowl, combine red bell pepper, celery, onion, chopped parsley, egg, mustard, mayonnaise, pepper, and cayenne. Mix well with a fork. Add crab and stir just to mix.
4. Put panko in a shallow pan. Mound 1/8 of the crab mixture on panko, and pat crumbs lightly on top. With a spatula, transfer cake (it's fragile) to a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat with remaining crab mixture to shape and coat remaining cakes. Set slightly apart on waxed paper.
5. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. When hot, set crab cakes slightly apart in pan. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes total. Add more butter if needed to brown evenly. As cooked, set cakes on warm plates and keep warm.
6. Set pan with pink grapefruit sauce over high heat, add 4 tablespoons butter, in chunks, and stir until melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Spoon warm sauce equally around crab cakes. Garnish with grapefruit segments and sprinkle with parsley.