- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nadia Sawalha's Apple Pancakes and Herby Scrambled Eggs Recipe Video
|Apples||2 Large (for the pancakes)|
|Baking powder||5 Teaspoon (for the pancakes)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (for the pancakes)|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the pancakes)|
|Egg||2 Medium (for the pancakes)|
|Almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Almond Breeze, for the pancakes)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (for the pancakes)|
|Eggs||4 Large (for scrambled eggs)|
|Fresh herb||1 Tablespoon, chopped (mixed herbs like dill, parsley and basil, for scrambled eggs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon (for scrambled eggs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for scrambled eggs)|
|Unsweetened almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Almond Breeze milk, for scrambled eggs)|
|Butter/Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (for scrambled eggs)|
Calories 1003 Calories from Fat 340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 614.4 mg204.8%
Sodium 2292.3 mg95.5%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 60.1 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 121.8% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the pancakes, in a bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
2. Measure almond milk in a measuring cup and add 2 eggs and vanilla extract to it. Whisk until well blended.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour and whisk quickly and gently to make a batter.
4. Grate apples and add to the batter. Stir well.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan and grease with a little oil.
6. Spoon large amount of batter and spread evenly to form a large pancake. Cook until golden brown on bottom then flip over and cook on the other side.
7. Remove to a plate and sprinkle the pancakes with icing sugar.
1. In a bowl, crack the eggs. Add almond milk, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk the eggs until well blended.
3. Stir in the chopped mixed herbs.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan and melt the butter or heat oil in it.
5. Pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring gently until soft and creamy.
6. Spoon over bagles and sprinkle with additional herbs if you like.