- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mysore Pak Recipe
|Bengal gram flour||125 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7448 Calories from Fat 5473
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 608 g934.7%
Saturated Fat 179.7 g898.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 510 mg
Sodium 80.9 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 476 g158.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.6%
Sugars 413.2 g
Protein 29 g57%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add water to sugar and prepare a syrup of three-string consistency.
3. Take about 50 gm. or 680 gm. (for 360 pieces) of the fat and roast gram flour in it for about 2-3 minutes (do not allow to brown).
4. Sprinkle a little water on the gram flour to test whether it has been properly roasted in which case it will splutter.
5. Add sugar syrup to the roasted gram flour and stir well on fire.
6. Add gradually the remaining fat stirring continuously and vigorously till the fat starts floating on the top of the mixture.
7. Remove from the fire and pour the mixture on to a tray.
8. Allow the tray to cool in a slanting position so that the excess of fat is drained off.
9. Sprinkle crushed cardamoms and cut into diamond shapes.