- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
My Valentine Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe Video
|Dark chocolate wafer crumbs||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum/Rum flavoring||2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||40 Gram|
|Diced maraschino cherries||20 Gram|
Calories 782 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.1%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g153.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg
Sodium 338.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 52.1 g
Protein 10 g19%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, ¼ cup softened butter, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Use a fork or pastry blender to mix until crumbly. Firmly press into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan; set aside.
3. Melt 1 ½ cups chocolate chips over hot water in the top of a double boiler; set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 eggs, ½ cup sugar, 2 teaspoons rum, and an 8-oz. carton sour cream. Use an electric mixer to blend until smooth.
5. Add (2) 8-oz. packages cubed and softened cream cheese and blend until smooth. Continue blending and gradually add 1 ½ cups melted chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Blend well.
6. Pour cheesecake batter over chocolate crust. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cheesecake is set in center.
7. Cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour. Chill at least 6 hours.
8. Remove sides of springform pan and place on serving plate.
9. Before serving, garnish with whipped cream or whipped topping, along with diced maraschino cherries.
10.Slice into pie-shaped pieces to serve. Enjoy!
Happy Valentine's Day from Betty & Rick!